An Estimator prepares estimates for various projects, shares responsibility for cost accuracy with project team and assists other estimators and managers in all types of estimating tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
- Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
- Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
- Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
- Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
- Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
- Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction management related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 1 year experience in estimating commercial construction projects, showing competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
- Excellent working knowledge of Timberline and Excel software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate knowledge of construction practices and methods.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Primavera systems preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL - Layton Construction embraces federal employment guidelines regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action. It is the policy of Layton Construction to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees. Layton Construction is an affirmative action employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in any condition of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.