POSITION: Concrete Batch Plant Operator
LOCATION: Plymouth, UT
POSTING CLOSES: March 1, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the concrete operations manager, the batch plant operator is primarily responsible for the production of ready-mix concrete and the monitoring of initial on-site quality control.
If you're looking for a career change, here's three reasons you should be applying to Geneva Rock.
- Great wages
- Opportunities for significant overtime in the busy season.
- Incredible benefits
- Health Insurance paid hourly. NO deductions from paycheck for premiums.
- Generous Pension (Retirement) contribution.
- Vacation, Holiday and Bereavement Pay.
- Seniority- Loyalty is valued at GRP.
- Fantastic management
- GRP has a legacy of treating employees well since our founding in 1954.
- Family Owned and Locally Operated; our owners are proud Utahns.
Do you crave an environment where you're appreciated and rewarded for your hard work?
Tired of your hard-earned wages being deducted to pay for health insurance for you and your family?
Want to work for the leading company in Ready-Mix Concrete in Utah?
If this sounds like you, look at a career as a Concrete Batch Plant Operator at Geneva Rock Products.
We are a Operating Engineers Local 3 contractor and we need safe, smart, dedicated employees who are ready to take on a fulfilling career change as a Concrete Batch Plant Operator for Geneva Rock.
- Batch ready mixed concrete efficiently.
- Load mixers and coordinate received materials.
- Order, monitor, and inventory materials supplied to the batch plant.
- Inform dispatch and the plant manager immediately of any issues that would inhibit production.
- Inspect and maintain all belts and equipment and submit report detailing activities.
- Always ensure a safe and healthful work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Good computer skills including mobile batching, general knowledge of concrete, basic knowledge of heavy equipment, basic knowledge of algebra and ability to work with large numbers, basic knowledge of industrial plant functions.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY:
- Standing 60% of the time and sitting 40%.
- Use of typing skills 15% of the time.
- Able to safely lift up to 70lbs.
- Use of full movement of body such as reaching, grabbing, stooping, holding, etc.
- Communicate efficiently with customers, vendors, co-workers, and supervising staff.
- Required to work outside in all seasons of weather. 50% of time spent outside, 50% indoors.
- Will be operating loaders and other equipment as needed. Will also be using power tools, hand tools and working in areas that require a safety harness and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Safety gear and PPE provided by Geneva Rock Products.
Apply on-line at genevarock.com/careers/ and include a RESUME with application.
The successful candidate must be safety conscious with a record of working safely in the workplace.
*Current employees are required to speak with their immediate manager before applying for any open positions.
Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is an "Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/PWDNET" Employer
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. **