POSITION: Quality Control Field Technician I (Asphalt and Soils)
LOCATION: Various locations in Northern Utah Salt Lake County to Weber County
POSTING CLOSES: April 05, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Field Supervisor, the Field technician travels to various projects, aggregate pits and lab/job sites throughout UT to obtain samples and preform asphalt/soil density. They will then perform materials sampling and testing in the Field.
Do you crave an environment where you're appreciated and rewarded for your hard work? Are you looking for stable employment with great benefits, amazing co-workers, and a company that values you? If so, see what Geneva Rock has to offer:
- Great wages
- Amazing benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 6% 401K Match
- 6% Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and 8 Paid Holidays
- Fantastic management and company stability
- Geneva Rock Products has a legacy of treating employees well since 1954.
- Family Owned and Locally Operated; our owners are proud Utahns.
- Pull and split asphalt samples from construction jobs, conduct coring and asphalt density testing.
- Pull and split soil samples, conduct soils density testing.
- Report test results to the plant.
- Perform data filing and quality assurance sample storage.
- Responsible for the input of tracking data into the lab database.
- Ensure a safe and healthful work environment at all times.
- Experience but not necessary in gravel and asphalt quality control field testing.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Intermediate level of computer skills.
- Must be able to work day, swing and night shifts and be willing to travel.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card.
- Must be able to move up to 80 pounds.
- Sitting: 15% of the time.
- Standing: 70% of the time.
- Driving: 15% of the time.
- Weight Lifted: Must frequently be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds. May have to carry load a short distance
- Physical Movement: May be required to walk over uneven ground, balance, stoop/crouch, kneel, grab and hold objects.
- Speaking/Listening: Needs to be able to communicate will with customers, dispatch, supervision, receive and follow instructions, and understand safety requirements.
- Working Conditions: 80% of time will be spent working outside in the elements. Must be able to work long and irregular hours (early and late) during the busy season. Possibly even night shift when needed.
Apply on-line at genevarock.com/careers/ and include a RESUME with application.
The successful candidate must be safety conscious with a record of working safely in the workplace.
*Current employees are required to speak with their immediate manager before applying for any open positions.
Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is an "Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/PWDNET" Employer
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. **