Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group is accepting applications for Operations Manager for the SpringHill Suites By Marriott in Moab, UT. This beautiful hotel is located with easy access to Arches National Park, Canyonlands, and all the outdoor activities that Utah has to offer. Coupled with our Fairfield Inn & Suites, outdoor water park, and many other exciting amenities, this will be an amazing place to work and play. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years branded management experience. Marriott experience preferred.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Description: Seeking a hospitality expert to lead evening SpringHill Suites food & beverage operations & dual front desk operations.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Immediate Supervisor's Title: General Manager
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to be a proactive representative of the hotel, who is aimed at creating an environment that achieves the highest possible employee & guest satisfaction, as well as overall profit for the hotel. Overall responsibilities include overseeing food and beverage operations at the SpringHill Suites and front desk operations at the SpringHill Suites & Fairfield. Limiting excessive spending and maximizing occupancy and rate are important objectives of the operations manager.
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers, guests, and upper management.
- Willing to work long hours and cover additional shifts as required by the demands of the hotel.
- Must learn payroll & accounts payables.
- Adhere to brand standards
- Must make change for the cash drawers and aide in bank deposits as needed.
- Previous management experience in a hotel strongly preferred or a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality management.
- Great leadership and oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task and manage demands from all departments and General Manager demands.
- Must be accessible at all times according to the needs of the hotel.
- Be presentable and conform to the dress code of the hotel.
- Must have a total commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Must be a great problem solver and listen and analyze complaints and comments by hotel guests and employees to create an ever improving workplace.
PRIMARY DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To arrive to work on time according to the schedule.
- Communicate with all departments to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Consistently check voicemail and e-mails to make sure all demands are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Make sure all departments are taking care of their responsibilities and react to problems as necessary.
- Review invoices from assigned departments and process the invoices for payment, ensuring we are staying within budget on each line item.
- Process departments payroll as necessary.
- Cover server shifts and/or front desk breaks and shifts in relation to occupancy and budget for employees.
- Review the servers & front desk schedule and make changes as necessary.
- Communicate with guests and find ways to improve guest satisfaction.
- Respond to all guest complaints and make an effort to keep them as clients by ensuring the complaints are addressed and fixed for the future.