Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group is seeking an experienced Dual Director of Sales for two Marriott branded hotels. This position will sale for the Fairfield and SpringHill Suites by Marriott located in beautiful Moab, UT.
Functions as the business leader of the property's sales department with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals, and property revenue by managing the proactive/reactive sales effort. Provides day to day leadership to a small team of on-property sales associates (e.g. sales manager(s) and sales coordinator(s)). Implements the brand's strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel's sales objectives. Evaluates the property's participation in the various sales channels (OTAs, Group, brand.com, RFPs, etc.) and develops strong relationships to proactively position and market the property. Interfaces with the LDHG Revenue Management and Sales Support team to review and execute the property's PSR (Property Sales Review) action plans as well as pull through national brand promotions and sales initiatives.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years of experience in hotel sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years of experience in hotel sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4 year college degree.
- Marriott Brand Experience
- Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
- Lodging sales and marketing experience.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Executes the sales strategy and verifies that individual booking goals are met for on-property staff.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, LDHG Revenue Management, LDHG Sales Support team, and SMG Catering Sales leaders.
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate. Serves as the property sales liaison with Marriott National Group Sales and National Accounts.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews the Smith Travel Research STAR report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel's market position.
- Researches competitor's sales team strategies to identify ways to grow RevPAR and increase market share.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Participates in business planning with the LDHG Revenue Management and LDHG Sales Support team.
- Suggests innovative sales/marketing ideas and proactively develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES (Cont.)
- Proactively participates in hotel direct sales effort by conducting sales calls for assigned accounts and with members of the on-property sales team.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contracts, customer correspondence)
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses
- Interfaces with LDHG Revenue Management and Sales Support team to execute the PSR and sales/marketing quarterly action plans.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Develops strong community and public relations by obtaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops strategic working relationships with leaders of these sales channels in order to proactively position and drive sales to the property.
- Functions as the business leader of the property's sales department with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenue.
- Coaches leaders of LDHG Revenue Management team in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property's financial performance.
- Develops quarterly bonus KSOs (Key Sales Objectives) and sales action plans for sales manager(s).
- Verifies the Sales team is leveraging Marriott demand engines to full potential.
- Verifies that effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
- Sets career development goals and reviews performance for direct reports using Perfode.com.
- Address performance issues and holds staff accountable for successful results.
- Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy to minimize lost time due to turnover.
- Keeps an active list of the competition's best sales people and executes a recruitment and acquisition plan.
- Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent