We believe there is a better way to bring products to market. We use an engineer to engineer approach to develop custom interconnect solutions for our customers who are improving quality of life through their products.
Join us in our mission to be the leading provider of custom interconnect solutions. ATL has operations in China, Costa Rica, Taiwan, UT-USA, plus remote staff in strategic global locations ... and we're growing!
ATL's Technical Writer produces high-quality documentation that impacts the overall success of our company.Beyond technical writing, you will demonstrate data retention and project management skills while leading initiatives and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
If you are searching for an opportunity to grow your career in technical writing while building knowledge of medical and high-tech industries, this opportunity is for you!
You would be responsible for:
- Coordinating and consulting with Engineers to create and edit documents including but not limited to:
- Engineering test plans and reports
- Product specifications
- Testing protocols
- Managing and executing data retention strategy, including manual uploads and organization within internal servers and software.
- Preparing document change orders and managing implementation.
- Ensuring documents reflect compliance to internal quality management system (QMS) and industry standards such as ISO 13485:2016 and 21 CFR 820.
Job Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of technical writing experience in corporate environment; Internships included.
- Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications degree or other relevant post-secondary education is a plus; equivalent years of relevant work experience accepted.
- Experience in medical and/or high-tech industries, supporting engineering or similarly technical departments is preferred.
- Exposure to medical regulations such as ISO 13485 or 21 CFR 820 preferred.
- Understanding of design and drafting principles.
- Strong technical acumen and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Continuous improvement mindset and commitment to process development.
- Ability to problem solve decisively and independently while demonstrating appropriate judgement on communication and escalations.
- Willingness to periodically adjust schedule to accommodate international time zones.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Language skills in Spanish and/or Mandarin is not required, however it is a plus for global team collaboration.
- Competitive salary compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision, and HSA plans
- Life, AD&D, STD, LTD plans to help protect you and your loved ones
- Generous 401k plan with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays, PTO and other leave programs to support your time off needs
- Monthly training hour allotment to continue your skill advancement
- Other Perks include: Employee Assistance Program, onsite Marketplace services, gym, showers, and cross functional team events.
Customer Centric: We create a positive customer experience by utilizing our expertise through development and throughout the product lifecycle
Humility: We seek to gain further knowledge to promote mutual growth and understanding
Accountability: We commit to the success and well-being of our customers and employees by being accountable for our words and actions
Transparency: We build trusting relationships with our customers and employees by being open and honest
Solutions Driven: We work as a team with our customers to achieve results
ATL Technology is a Critical Manufacturer, therefore our employees are Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers. ATL has implemented COVID related policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and prevent disruptions to our operations. Please contact ATL Human Resources for additional information.