Location: Kanab, Utah
Summary: The VIP Experience Ambassador acts as the link between the visitor, member, and donor and a "behind the scenes" glimpse of life at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, experiencing interactions with animals and the people who care for them. Creating an opportunity for an interactive experience that will engage and inspire our patrons.
Purpose: The VIP Experience Ambassador is responsible for providing our guests with a quality, one of a kind experience that is tailored to the specific interest of these special visitors. This experience will act as an opportunity to develop supporters and ambassadors of our lifesaving mission.
- Conduct special tours and organize mid-range and major donor experiences tailored to the specific interests of the individual(s). Work across departments to identify opportunities and gain access for this outstanding experience.
- Develop and propose additional offerings for middle donors and high donors (in conjunction with the major gift team); communicate the impact study and ROI for additional resources.
- Proactively identify and connect with members and volunteers who are eligible to participate in one of these VIP experiences. Collaborate with mid-range and major donor gift advisors.
- Work with Hospitality and Visitor Management to build and improve this viable programming to maximize outcomes and create scheduling availability.
- Responsible for communication with registered parties including confirmation calls and follow-up calls which will include documentation in our data systems.
- Responsible for continued communication, creating positive results with other departments affected by these special experiences including strategy and evaluation of success.
- Participate in and lead special stewardship projects.
Visitor and Volunteer Support
- Cross train and support Sanctuary Ambassadors and Welcome Center operations.
- Participate in local and regional events and provide transportation services for these events, as requested.
- Provide training and guidance to fellow staff members and propagate the opportunity for others to conduct specialized tours and activities. Ensure that any potential gaps in operations are covered and seamless in their implementation.
- Deliver superior customer service when relating to all visitors, in a friendly, informative, and professional manner.
- Must maintain knowledge about Best Friends mission and stay current on information about programming throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Genuine passion for the mission of Best Friends Animal Society with the ability to effectively represent the organization's message of compassion and respect for all living creatures.
- Customer-centric, non-judgmental approach to engaging with all visitors; experience interacting with the public (customer service) preferred.
- Ability to professionally speak about Best Friends activities and positions on issues and overall vision for 2025.
- Knowledge of where to direct people who are interested in learning how they can help support/donate.
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude; ability to adapt to new work areas or processes; problem solving, seeking answers independently and enthusiastically.
- Self-motivated to keep informed regarding organizational information and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, a team player, personable, professional, and able to get along with people from different backgrounds.
- Abilityto work in a fast-paced environment withwell-developedorganization skillsto juggle multiple competing tasks and demands; with accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills; and strong listening skills.
- Ability to retain and relay large amounts of information.
- Basic computer skills a must. Microsoft Office preferred.
- Valid driver's license, ability to qualify to be added to Best Friends insurance: clean driving record for past three (3) years.
- Ability to drive a 14-passenger van safely through varied weather and road conditions.
- Must be able to:
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Repetitively bend, twist, and step into and out of a passenger van.
- Work in close proximity of co-workers behind reception desk.
- See clearly, read road signs and safely view changes in terrain.
- Spend extended periods of time in close contact with all types of animals in all weather conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule; must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.