Location: Kanab, Utah
*Relocation assistance may be provided*
Position Summary: The Senior Manager of Best Friends' Visitor Experience is responsible for sharing our Best Friends culture of warm and welcoming hospitality with our visitors and guests at every touch point. The Senior Manager leads the team to welcome, engage with and build relationships with our visitors and guests, and to connect them with the heart of our mission and the soul of our organization.
This leader manages the operations of the Roadhouse and Mercantile Hotel, Sanctuary lodging and Welcome Center. This includes the hiring, onboarding, performance management and off boarding of staff. Overseeing the functional operations that include front desk and reservations, tours, the switchboard, Cafe, Sanctuary and hotel store operations, housekeeping, and Visitor Center.
Visiting the Sanctuary is an opportunity for us to educate, motivate and inspire our visitors and guests to become ambassadors for our cause and to help us Save Them All.
- Work with the Chief Sanctuary Officer to create and implement an effective strategic plan to enhance hospitality services and membership conversion for Best Friends.
- Manage the operations of the Welcome Center including tours, reception areas, Sanctuary Lodging, Housekeeping, Switchboard and Sanctuary Store.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Youth Outreach program and the Visitor Center including Community Events.
- Oversee Cafeteria in collaboration with the Cafeteria Manager.
- Lead a staff who are exemplary ambassadors for Best Friends and ensure that exceptional hospitality and visitor engagement is maintained throughout all departments.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Sanctuary to develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives for achievement of Visitor and Hospitality goals.
- Create and sustain an environment that delivers excellent hospitality and an optimal visitor experience to all.
- Work with other Best Friends team members to reinforce a culture of excellence in hospitality throughout the Sanctuary.
- Develop new and innovative plans, amenities and activities that will best serve our growing numbers of visitors and guests.
- Create opportunities and activities to broaden and deepen visitor and guest connection with Best Friends Animal Society.
- Meet regularly with Animal Care, Development, Marketing and other stakeholders to share information and collaborate on projects and events to optimize hospitality services and the overall visitor experience.
- Work with Sanctuary Ambassadors and Community Outreach Specialists to build relationships by creating a culture of inclusion and inspiration so that our visitors become members who will support our work through donations and as ambassadors for our mission.
- Manage budgets for Visitor Experience departments.
- Develop, implement and steward policies, procedures and protocols for tours, membership promotion, reception, switchboard, and lodging.
- Track all departmental goals and outcomes and report ongoing status to staff and management.
- Review and prepare financial and statistical reports for senior leadership.
- Ensure that all visitor information and data systems are accurately maintained, and that staff are trained on accurate data-entry and reporting.
- Work with Chief Sanctuary Officer and marketing to develop promotional campaigns and special offers.
- Provide training and mentoring for Sanctuary Ambassadors on hospitality best practices, protocols, and processes.
- Analyze visitor feedback and provide strategic direction for continuous improvement.
- Communicate clear and explicit departmental goals to staff while creating a level of commitment towards achieving those goals.
- Ensure safety protocols and practices are followed by staff and guests.
- Ensure that staff understands, upholds and promotes Best Friends policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff are cross trained as appropriate in various functions including tours, reception, switchboard, and Visitor Center.
- Responsible for daily deposits of memberships and donations.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Proven positive leadership skills with the ability to motivate, educate and inspire staff to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience, especially in hospitality management.
- Must be able to maintain a professional work environment while providing appropriate leadership, communicating and giving direction.
- Must possess a solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices.
- Should have customer service experience with the general public.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be an excellent problem-solver who can provide appropriate solutions within a customer-focused framework.
- Excellent organizational skills and continual attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude for clear, professional communication, both verbal and written.
- Genuine passion for the mission of Best Friends Animal Society.
- Ability to articulate and advocate Best Friends mission and message.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office and the ability to learn.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Extended periods of time working on the computer with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.