Location: Kanab, Utah
Position summary:Best Friends Animal Sanctuary has approximately 25,000 30,000 annual visitors, all coming through the Welcome Center as their first stop to enter the world of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. The Sanctuary Ambassador is the first point of contact and they play an integral role in welcoming our visitors and discussing with them the options at hand for a glimpse into our life saving work. The Sanctuary Ambassador is informed and up to date on all Sanctuary happenings, Best Friends mission and any new developments on the horizon. The Sanctuary Ambassador is responsible for providing our visitors with a quality experience through informative and engaging tours of the Sanctuary at the highest level, which is meant to be informative, interactive and entertaining. The Ambassador understands without a doubt the link between our culture and mission and the important role it plays in helping inspire and influence our visitors to join us in our life saving work to Save Them All.
- Greet all Best Friends visitors in a warm and inviting manner, both in the Welcome Center and across the Sanctuary.
- Conduct scripted tours of the Sanctuary as well as specialized mini-tours and/or talks pertaining to Best Friends and our surroundings.
- Invite and encourage all visitors to become members and donors of Best Friends Animal Society.
- Engage visitors in the Welcome Center reception area and provide accurate information and direction as it pertains to their requests.
- Perform all duties associated with reception at the Welcome Center, including but not limited to, answering phone calls, scheduling tours, checking in overnight guests, handling relinquishment of animals, receiving donations, providing assistance with Welcome Center technology and contacting and coordinating with other departments across the Sanctuary.
- Participate in local and regional events to increase visitation to the Sanctuary, as requested.
- Provide transportation services for special events at the Sanctuary, such as the annual blessing, all staff week, Discovery Weekend and pre-or post-conference Sanctuary visits.
- Complete daily Welcome Center operational duties and other assigned tasks as requested.
- Contribute to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Cross train and provide coverage in other Welcome Center departments, as needed.
- Attend trainings and meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act as Point Person in absence of Manager, Visitor Experience, to make necessary decisions, when needed.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to potential candidates during their 2 weeks and continue support following if candidate hired.
- Make prompt and informed decisions to ensure the reception area operates smoothly and effectively.
- Submit Help Desk requests for van repairs and building mai
- Other duties as assigned.
- Help to provide care for the Welcome Center animals.
- Assist with Welcome Center animal adoptions.
- Genuine passion for the mission of Best Friends Animal Society.
- Effective representative of Best Friends' message of compassion and respect for all living creatures.
- Ability to retain and relay large amounts of information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with people in a professional and personable way.
- Active listener with a positive and outgoing approach to engagement with visitors.
- Ability to multi-task and remain focused in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Self-motivated to keep informed of facts about Best Friends news, events and informational material in order to accurately relay them to visitors.
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays
- Team player
- Ability to work with distractions in a busy work environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must. Microsoft Office and Google Docs preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record for past three (3) years.
- Ability to drive a 14-passenger van safely through varied weather and road conditions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive bending, twisting and stepping into and out of passenger van.
- Ability to work in close proximity of coworkers behind reception desk.
- Ability to see clearly, read road signs and safely view changes in terrain.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time in close contact with all types of animals in all weather conditions.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.