The Night Auditor is responsible for verifying the accuracy of all accounts and income, balancing charges and revenues, setting up the next business day, reporting to Best Friends Accounting, preparing bank deposits as well as assisting with all aspects of guest services that may arise. The Night Auditor shift is typically from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Additionally the Night Auditor performs occasional housekeeping, property cleaning, and assists with early morning coffee and breakfast set-up and other guest-oriented support duties as needed.
- Oversees nightly after-hours hotel operations including checking-in/out of guests, assisting guests with recommendations, requests and local activities, processing of payments and other guest-oriented tasks as needed. Resolve guest issues and ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Verifies revenue from all sources is accurately balanced and follows up on any discrepancies; ensures room charges and taxes are properly posted to guest folios.
- Performs end-of-day procedures and produces daily reports for departments.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of work areas.
- Answers hotel telephone and responds promptly to all guest inquiries; documents all guest requests, complaints, and/or issues. Takes, records, and relays messages accurately.
- Contacts Roadhouse manager, EMT's, Police and Fire when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of daily continental breakfast.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience in Night Audit with an accounting background is a plus, but not required.
- Basic math and computer skills required. Must be able to use email and navigate pdf, word, and excel documents. Also need to be able to complete forms, save, and send as attachments to emails.
- Some knowledge of lodging property management systems, i.e., Maestro is preferred.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal; fluency in other languages a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong listening skills.
- Ability to be a team player, to be personable, to be professional and able to work cooperatively with a wide variety of people including associates, guests and visitors.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement.
- Flexible and enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to qualify for BFAS insurance.
- Ability to work nights from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Works from the Front Desk office and occasionally performs moderate physical requirements including but not limited to bending, stooping, carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 25 pounds to perform night auditor duties.
- Regularly walks and stands inside and outside. Typically works in different weather conditions from below freezing to over 100 degrees while performing occasional light sweeping or shoveling of snow in season to keep common areas clean.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.