Roadhouse Housekeepers play an integral part in our guests' experiences by creating and maintaining guest rooms, suites and public areas in pristine condition. Roadhouse Housekeepers personally interact with our guests while working to ensure that all details are attended to and guest requests are handled properly and immediately.
Roadhouse Housekeepers demonstrate exceptional guest service skills and model Best Friends' culture of kindness.A person in this position will be expected to perform routine manual tasks to maintain cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance inside and outside of guest rooms and common areas while also interacting regularly with the guest, their accompanying pets, and other Roadhouse and Best Friends team members.
- Participate in all housekeeping-related tasks such as sweeping, mopping and washing windows and walls, dusting, vacuuming, making beds, assisting in our on-premise laundry, trash removal, and scrubbing of floors and bathrooms.
- Maintain public areas and ensure guest rooms are well-stocked with toiletries and supplies.
- Report maintenance requests or issues to the Maintenance Technician.
- Maintain stocks of cleaning and paper supplies, bathroom amenities, etc.
- Perform routine basic maintenance in guest rooms such as changing bulbs, tightening toilet seats, cleaning up after pets, TV/cable troubleshooting, plunging toilets, cleaning microwaves and coffee makers.
- Clean up after emergencies, such as overflowing toilets, broken dishes, etc.
- Interact with guests, answering questions, and assisting with personal needs.
- Respond to special requests from guests, such as fresh towels, sheets, light cleaning, early check-ins or late check-outs, etc.
- Assist in laundry so items are always available in store rooms.
- Bring issues immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor or the Manager's attention.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Roadhouse Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Outgoing positive personality and good communication skills.
- The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional.
- Attention to detail, flexible and enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.