Location: 5001 Angel Canyon Road, Kanab, UT 84741
The Help Desk/Desktop Support Specialist I assists end users in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and email communication as well as addressing assigned tickets. Diagnoses problems and performs troubleshooting activities, documents, tracks and monitors the problem as an incident or service ticket to facilitate a timely resolution. Escalates to senior personnel or manager when needed. Supports desktop hardware, software and peripherals in a Mac and Windows environment. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
- Help Desk Support 50%:
- Provides Level I support to resolve incidents and complete service requests. This includes installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading computer hardware, software, computers, and peripheral equipment.
- Receives, assigns, prioritizes, documents and actively resolves end user requests.
- Assists in the use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required. Interfaces with users via phone, email and in person.
- Desktop Support 50%:
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business packages and images.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals, servers, monitors, cables, and printers in a Mac and Windows environment.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, databases and presentation software. (MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and using online information systems.
- Knowledge in rebuilding workstations (Hardware and Software) and all aspects of troubleshooting computer systems.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business. May require travel via various forms of public transportation and overnight stays.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, including a rotational on call schedule to supportearly mornings, evening/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.