Location: Kanab, Utah
Performs varied skilled physical labor and equipment operations to improve and maintain sanctuary grounds and facilities.Performs general building maintenance and assists in buildings and grounds remodeling projects that may include interior and exterior patching and painting projects, fencing and retaining walls installation and repair, light electrical and plumbing installation and repairs and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Completes client generated work order tickets assigned in an organized, professional and timely manner.
- Performs a variety of maintenance work such as general building repairs and minor renovations.
- Performs recurrent preventative maintenance on various equipment, structures and landscaped areas including fencing; developed paths, diamond block retaining walls, and assists in site and building cleanup.
- Installs and repairs washers, dryers, dishwashers, heaters and swamp coolers.
- Works with a variety of construction materials including wood, metal, concrete, FRP, drywall, gravel, etc.
- Performs activities that include welding, fabricating, dumping, spreading, shoveling, raking, tamping, etc.
- Operates, services, cleans, and cares for tools and equipment.
- Performs various drywall procedures and repairs. Including texture, tape and mud.
- Erects small wooden structures including roofing work.
- Performs concrete pours and concrete finishing work.
- Performs fencing installation and repairs.
- Follows safe work practices and observes safety precautions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of methods, tools, equipment, materials, and practices used in construction and maintenance.
- Ability to obtain appropriate certificates or licenses required to operate and service equipment; to learn to operate a variety of hand and portable power tools, vehicles, and mobile construction and maintenance equipment skillfully and safely.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; read and interpret maps, diagrams, and equipment operations manuals; maintain records; make basic arithmetical calculations.
- Work with a positive outlook, upbeat, energetic, and takes initiative.
- Ability to accommodate changes in work priorities and/or scheduling.
- Collaborative nature and willingness to work with various colleagues.
- Willingness to learn on the job is a must.
- Valid driver's license, with 3 years clean driving record.
- Working outdoors, ability to perform physical work requiring coordination, agility, strength, and stamina.Work includes heavy lifting (typically up to 80 pounds); prolonged periods of standing; stooping, reaching, crawling, and climbing; manual dexterity.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.