Location: Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile - 30 N. 300 West, Kanab, UT 84741
The Front Desk Agent plays a key sales role in booking and upselling rooms, providing information and assisting with Mercantile purchases while providing exceptional experiences for all guests and visitors.The Front Desk Agent often provides our guests' and visitors' first impressions as the initial point of personal contact. The Front Desk Agent handles all aspects of a guest's stay including pre-arrival, arrival, in-house, and departure. During check-in, a front desk agent will verify a guest's method of payment and run background credit checks in accordance with our policies.
- Ensuring a safe, healthy and positive work environment for our guests and our staff.
- Knowing and using Guests names.
- Ensuring attention to detail in responding to guest requests.
- Problem-solving all guest requests.
- Assisting with guests' baggage.
- Engaging visitors and guests in the work of Best Friends.
- Arranging outings and services, such as guided hikes, massage therapy, etc.
- Arranging shuttle transportation to and from Best Friends Welcome Center
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- A High School Degree or equivalent.
- Outgoing positive personality and communication skills. The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional and able to work cooperatively with a wide variety of people including associates, guests and visitors.
- Attention to detail, flexible, able to handle a variety of tasks and changing priorities.
- Must have a valid driver's license and qualify for Best Friends insurance.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds or more.
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis including standing, walking, bending, stooping, ascending/descending stairs to meet guest needs.
- Must be proficient with computer programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.