Location: Kanab, Utah
Position Summary:Work closely with Veterinarians, Veterinary Assistants, Veterinary Technicians, Team Leader,and Clinic support staff to provide medical care to all patients seen by the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Clinic. Duties encompass a wide array of tasks such as greeting all public and staff in a professional manner offering them assistance, guidance and appropriate information. Provide operational support including but not limited to: patient scheduling, client billing (daily and monthly), maintaining accuracy and completeness of medical records, manage information flow to ensure efficiency of the Clinic workday.
- Communicate professionally and with a high level of customer service to Clients, Veterinary staff, Management and other Sanctuary departments regarding all job responsibilities, especially the health of clinic patients.
- Maintain the ability to follow policies and procedures set by the Medical Director and Clinic Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient status/treatment, client information and other sensitive clinic operations.
- Have a working knowledge of common medical terminology, transcription and data entry (Avimark).
- Answer Clinic phones and handle all inquiries with thorough and complete results.
- Schedule appointments, surgical procedures, diagnostic procedures and coordinate drop-off's for the Clinic using multiple database systems.
- Maintain throughout the day, Clinic email account with a direct response or distributing information to appropriate staff via verbal communication, email or Avimark.
- Provide support to the public/employees/Sanctuary caregivers for a 3000+ patient based practice, i.e. scheduling appointments, obtaining required forms, obtaining medical information, providing post surgery information, providing tags and certificates if applicable, assisting with questions regarding patient status.
- Setup and maintain all client medical records (daily), including data entry, scanning/attaching/work listing internal and external lab results/specialist results, posting of charges.
- Responsible for all aspects of Clinic accounts receivable: billing at time of service, posting of semi-monthly payroll deductions, subsequent monthly billing of all public/employee clients, advanced collection for all aged public/employee accounts.
- Coordinate with Accounting/Payroll in regards to Employee accounts with payment plans and post all payroll deductions.
- Process all payments and reconcile receipts with deposit slips.
- Distribute filled prescriptions to clients.
- Request/Order office supplies as needed.
- Distribute internal mail.
- Compile on a daily basis Clinic statistics and when asked assist in providing financial and historic operational statistics.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy. Ability to develop positive relationships with others and demonstrate sensitivity to the thoughts, feelings and perspectives of others.
- Resourceful. Must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates approachability when dealing with the general public. Experience in interacting with the general public (customer service) preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to create and encourage a positive work environment.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills.
- Ability to make sound judgments and work independently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google e-mail, Google calendar, Google documents, ADP, BFIS (and Photoshop helpful. Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to drive on organization business.
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Bending, stooping, sitting and standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working around a variety of animals with different medical and behavioral needs.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.