Location: Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile - 30 N. 300 West, Kanab, UT 84741
The Roadhouse Mercantile Ambassador is responsible for providing exceptional guest service in the Mercantile; maintaining the Mercantile in guest-presentable conditions at all times; restocking all food and beverage supplies; maintaining neat and presentable retail merchandise displays. Changes in merchandise selection or display will be coordinated in advance with the Merchandise Manager.The Mercantile Ambassador facilitates retail purchases, assists with meal and event set-ups and service, provides directions, assists with pets, helping guests with problem solving while working as a member of the Roadhouse team to serve our guests well.
The Mercantile Ambassador works closely with the Roadhouse Front Desk and other associates to provide a high level of personal service to our lodging guests and visitors.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Provide a friendly welcome to visitors and guests including people and pets.
- Facilitates retail purchases of food, beverage and/or merchandise.
- Properly and graciously handles all guest and visitor requests.
- Provides directions and assists with activities.
- Restocks supplies
- Ensures a clean and well-organized environment.
- Engages visitors and guests in the work of Best Friends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- One year work experience, preferably in a customer service role.
- Outgoing positive personality and communication skills.
- The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional and able to work cooperatively with a wide variety of associates, guests and visitors.
- Attention to detail with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to provide an outstanding guest experience.
- Able to handle a variety of tasks and requests with changing priorities. Must be comfortable with technology and proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Point Of Sale systems (POS) a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible, part time schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds or more to stock supplies and serve guests.
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions to support guest needs and events, including baggage handling.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis including standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and kneeling in order to support guest interactions.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.