Location: Kanab, Utah
The Angels Rest Manager is responsible for Best Friends' Angels Rest and Angels Overlook memorial offerings for visitors and donors and will focus on helping to grow this program into a larger stewardship and revenue function for the organization.
The manager will nurture the critical role that Angels Rest and pet memorials play in the overall experience of our visitors and guests, and through the Sanctuary environment, nurture the feeling of healing and inspiration our visitors, guests, donors and volunteers experience while onsite.
The Angels Rest Manager plays an integral role welcoming visitors and guests while building relationships and inspiring a connection to our lifesaving and 2025 work, while being especially supportive and compassionate during times of grieving for a lost pet.
By working collaboratively across the organization, the Angels Rest Manager will bring together all teams with pet memorial-related products, giving and merchandise in order to unite our offerings and streamline the ways people can engage with our memorial offerings. By leading the strategy for pet memorials at Best Friends, he/she will also help grow this program into a larger revenue stream and help more people in their time of need.
- Audit current memorial offerings and work with Chief Experience Officer on the strategy to grow revenue and support from pet memorial program. Once developed, work to implement the strategy across the organization.
- Work closely with the Best Friends Development, Stewardship and Marketing teams to develop sensitive, creative and effective appeals that engage our clientele.
- Serve as the main contact for commemorative and memorial programs and manage all forms of internal and external correspondence in a timely manner. Meet, greet and assist visitors who are interested in information on Angels Rest placements. Provide personalized tours of Angels Rest and other areas of the Sanctuary as needed.
- Direct the purchase of memorials (including windchimes, plaques, stones, markers) and ensure timely and efficient order fulfillment and placements for Sanctuary, staff and public animals. Procure/ship/receive all goods needed for customer orders and oversee inventory/quality control for all memorial items.
- Coach mentor and develop Angels Rest Caretakers. Support Angels Rest Caretakers by scheduling and communicating each monthly Blessing and its implementation including the generation of Sanctuary animal list for blessing/BF digest. Approve themes, speakers and readings for each monthly Blessing. Develop and print programs. Providing special touches of gracious hospitality such as providing hot coffee and blankets in cold weather.
- Maintain all departmental records including approval/processing of invoices, monthly statistics, monthly revenue and placement reports. Document and update the Angels Rest operations manual and maintain/update the Angels Rest computer database.
- Provide strong input for expansions and improvements within the department.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Department in the recruitment of volunteers for Angels Rest.
- Collaborate with the Engagements Ambassador for Friends & Founders and the Development Events Department for Discovery Weekend events involving Angels Rest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A results driven team player who understands the importance of collaboration.
- Must be personable, professional, and compassionate.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy with strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Revenue generation experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer data entry, databases, and Best Friends software program.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud CRM is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple competing tasks, projects and demands.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends positions on issues.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Able to work at a computer for long periods with repetitive typing, arm, and hand motion.
- When assisting with placements, must be able to work outdoors for up to an hour in all weather conditions, and must have the ability to lift, carry, bend and place animals of all sizes.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.